Some of the readers of Savior Women In Eve's Garden apparently are under the impression that I have not read The Bible. Or, if I have read it, that I did not read with understanding or did not read the right chapters. They apparently believe that if I had done these things that I wouldn't raise the questions this blog sometimes raises about God, religion, The Bible, and the anti-Christian behaviors of those who claim to love and follow the teaching of Jesus Christ.
Of course, I have no way of knowing whether or not this is the reason for what I am sent, because most are sent anonymously and without any explanations for why they sent it or what position they propose to support. The narrative I receive most often is John: 3, always without comment except for highlighting verses 3, 5, and 16 - 21.
Do these readers believe that every question I pose or have about my mortal existence and about my assumed eternal existence of an immortal soul that defines me is answered in the 3rd chapter of John? For the record, I have read The Bible--a lot. But always with discernment. And while I have no argument with John: 3, some of what I have read and have been told to believe is in conflict with what I believe My God tells me. There are a few things I know for sure.
1. I know that my Symbiotic God Of Creation is not hurt, offended, made angry, nor inclined to punish anyone whose search for God includes questioning the laws, beliefs, and rules of man's religious rhetoric. That behavior is the selfish act of weak men willing to control other human beings by fear and violence.
2. I know that my Symbiotic God does not offer the gift of Symbiotic Grace to those who hate, hurt, suppress, enslave, and are generally uncivil to any person or group who disagrees with their politics, religious beliefs, sexuality, or are not members of their own religion, race, or ethnic background.
3. I know that A God of Love does not approve of any person or religion that embraces acts of war based on religion, personal conquests, ethnic cleansing, natural resources, national economics, and corporate greed.
4. I know that Jesus Christ does not accept as Christian the behavior of anyone who applauds with unconcealed joy and moral smugness the vile voices of anger, division, hate, and murder in the name of God instead of being offended by their presence. And I know that reading the Four Gospels, raising my hands in Jesus Name, with vociferous claims of my love for Him will not change that.
5. I know a lot of other things, too, most of which are captured in The Four Gospels, The Ten Commandments, and Eve's Simple Realities.
6. Most of all, I know that when my mortal life is over, God will not deny the immortal soul that defines me His Magnificent Gift of Symbiotic Grace simply because in my mortal sojourn on Earth, I raised a few questions about some man made religious laws, rules, and interpretations about God's Will for my life.