Most parents want to encourage and empower their daughters with the right and the ability to grow up to be happy, confident, and self-reliant. What parents teach their daughters about themselves, about men, and about their relationship with men will help determine how well they accomplish that. While there are many more things as parents we need to tell our young daughters, these 21 things are important as they build their own definition of self and their relationships with men.
Basic Foundation Red Flags.
1. An overpowering need to feel superior to women is strongest and most debilitating among men with the least attributes and ability to make it true.
2. What a man loves and appreciates about his mother and other women is much more important than what he hates and despises about his mother and other women.
3. It is unlikely that a man can really respect you and love you if he hates his mother.
Women who depend on men for their definition of self are not well-defined; more likely they become easy prey for men who take advantage of women.
4. Conversations that lets you know who he is are much more important than his constant lectures about what or who you should be.
5. Conversations that let you know what he desires in a mate, is much more important than whether or not you meet his standards for a mate.
6. Conversations about what are his goals for his life and how he expects to accomplish them are much more important than are his opinions about what should be your goals for your life.
7. His respect and appreciation about your successes, talents, attributes, and strengths is much more important than is his constant observations about your failures, shortcomings, and things about which you need to improve.
While being overly judgmental can be problematic, some men simply need to be avoided. These Red Flags Are Signs You Should Avoid him.
8. He doesn't respect your opinion, or thinks you shouldn't have one, or constantly tells you what to say, what you should have said, or what you should do.
9. He thinks calling women names is funny.
10. Thinks a woman should not have control over her own body, sexual health, and personal space.
11. Believe that any stress or emotional issues you have can be solved by having sex with him.
12. In the name of honesty, truth, and trust, grills you ad nauseam about your ex-boyfriends; demands specific details about your previous relationships; and wants to know the number of sexual partners you may or may not have had and why.
13. Call promiscuous, sluts, and whores any women who have had sexual relations, who enjoy sex, who insist on sexual equality, who initiate sexual play with their sexual partners, or who don't leave the prevention of pregnancy and STDs to the man.
Controlling men don't get better in long term relationships; they get worse. You are more likely to end up in an abusive relationship if he...
14. Believe some women want to be rape; that most women have rape fantasies; and in most cases of rape it is the woman's fault, not the rapist.
15. Persistently uses any excuse to cut you off from your family and friends.
16. Believes God intended wives to obey their husbands , that God made women to be inherently inferior to men, and that women should defer to men or they upset the natural order of things other than God intended.
17. Thinks you are too close to your father.
18. Thinks there are times when it is OK for a man to hit a woman to keep her in line.
19. Tells you that he is the best thing to ever happen to you.
20 Speaks for you when you should be speaking for yourself.
21. Makes a point of letting you know that you should always be available for his calls and his visits but places restrictions on when you can call him or visit him.